Week 4 - Art Activity - Remix

 Back to the Future


How interesting?

Everyone will have moments when they want to go back in time. This week's topic is Remix. I was contemplating what to do, and if I could go back to the past, when would I go back? I wanted to see my parents before I was born. Where did they meet, and where did they date? I asked my dad for an old photo. He sent it to me, so I decided to try to synthesize it with my picture. 


In this way, I adjusted the size as much as possible in Photoshop and edited it.

Looking at the finished photos, I felt my limitations. I tried to adjust the color and shadow as much as possible, but it didn't come out naturally. 



Still, this is my final result in the last photo. I made an effort. When I go back to Korea later, I want to go to where Mom and Dad took pictures and retake pictures. Then the feeling will be different again. When Mom and Dad were young, I felt very strange to be with them now. I was even more surprised that there was not much difference between my parents' age in the photo and my current age. My mom and dad looked a little more mature for their age, and I looked younger. It was a great time to see my parents in the past through this Remix project. If I could go back to that era, I think we would have a lot to talk about with each other. But, instead, I was happy just imagining it.


What do you think of the Girls Around Me app?

It's so creepy. I think it's illegal to share a location by tracking a user's location on a phone app like Facebook. There must have been a word "allow location tracking" in the app installation process, but it must have been explained so that users would not notice. For example, apps cannot be installed without tracking permission. If the user's location can be shared with anyone, it becomes an environment prone to crime. These location tracking sharing applications require strong regulation so that they cannot be easily shared with anyone.


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Week 12 - Artist - Abramovic - Althamer

Week 11 - Artist - Choice

Week 10 - Art Activity - Intermedia