Week 6 - Art Activity - Drawing II




I wanted to draw the CSULB campus, but I don't know the campus well since I've only visited it once. I remember the first time I went there, too. The campus was so large that I had no idea where it was. So, I drew a picture of the SMC campus I attended before transferring to CSULB. It was a year ago, so I don't remember the details. I drew without looking at the map. What surprised me was that SMC also belonged to a relatively large campus and only knew the buildings and roads I had been on campus. I didn't even know what the art and science buildings looked like or where they were unrelated to me. All I knew was the building, the parking lot, and the cafeteria that I mostly went to the facilities. I tried to draw it out of my memory and draw it, but there was a limit.




I tried Automatic Drawing with my younger brother. Place the pen in the center and move it in your stream of consciousness for about 20 seconds. Without saying anything, they were drawn into their thoughts. Then the picture came out as something unknown. It felt strange that my subconscious and my brother's unconscious had merged to produce a work. It was amazing to think that the work we made would be nowhere else in the world.


Last week our topic was that drawing is also language. While drawing activities, I sympathized with the fact that drawing can communicate such as language. I felt I spoke with my brother by drawing without saying a word. My brother said he felt the same way. The drawing I did last week was drawn by looking at an object. I was watching my face, seeing the nature around me, looking at the cups around me. But this week's drawing was not to draw by looking at an object but by using the feelings, thoughts, and memories in my head. This week's assignment was a little more difficult for me. I think it should be called the pain of creativity.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Week 12 - Artist - Abramovic - Althamer

Week 11 - Artist - Choice

Week 10 - Art Activity - Intermedia