Week 8 - Artist - Addario-Cardiff-Miller

Lynsey Addario

Lynsey Addario is an American photographer and war correspondent. A war correspondent is a possibly selfish profession that worries families at every moment of danger. In particular, Addario said she had to be ignored or molested on the spot because she was a woman. However, she continued to expose her bitterness to the world by constantly covering the lives of women and civilians in war zones.




Even when she was pregnant with her first child, Addario did not hesitate to cover refugees in Somalia. She had experienced a car accident in Pakistan and was abducted by armed strangers in Libya. After watching the deaths of her comrades covering her war, Addario hardens and looks back on her own life. She experienced the moment when her life and death coexisted with her.




As I looked at her countless pictures, my tears flowed. I felt as if I was directly on the scene. I think it's because I think about the hardships Addario must have to take these pictures one by one. Also, it seems to be because the main characters in the image live a hard life differently from ordinary people.


Janet Cardiff & George Bures Miller

Canadian artist Janet Cardiff is well-known for her work Walking (1991-2006), which applied an unimaginably vivid 3D sound reproduction technology to her art museum's audio guide method. Visitors wearing the guide provided in the museum are guided through headphones to the walking trails around the museum that the artist directs. While listening to the development or explanation of various events directed by the artist, they are immersed in a situation where reality and virtuality are mixed.




This is because natural and physical phenomena that do not exist on the trail are perceived as real situations with the help of high-performance sound reproduction technology. Cardiff and her husband, George Bures Miller, have continued to develop works that incorporate these special techniques with features of the film, theater, music recitals, and radio drama. There, reality and unreality, reality and illusion and fantasy, present and history are intertwined.

When I saw their work, I felt fresh. It was amazing to see the world through the tiny camera inside the work. I think it would look good even if I put other pictures or objects in the small camera. For example, it would be appropriate to look at the Eiffel Tower in Paris in the middle of Seoul.

Among the works of Addario and Cardiff, the work that touched me more deeply was the work of Addario. I thought Cardiff's work was also a novel idea, but I was moved to be more realistic like Addario's work. If given the opportunity to create art, I would follow Addario's method. Of course, her job will be more difficult, but I think it's brave to go and cover things that are not known to the world first.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Week 12 - Artist - Abramovic - Althamer

Week 11 - Artist - Choice

Week 10 - Art Activity - Intermedia