Week 9 - Artist - Eric Singer & Ewa Xebra

Eric Singer 

I searched Eric Singer LEMUR on YouTube and saw a related video. Eric Singer is an artist who creates music using various robotic instruments. Eric collects instruments like drums and xylophones so that the machine can play them automatically. Eric is also an engineer who invented computer programming techniques that allowed robots to play music automatically. 


Eric's robots are automated to play automatically. There is no need for a person to play an instrument. As if Singer made this system, I think it is the same principle as a piano, MIDI music, that sounds when notes are inputted in advance. It is a type that the machine automatically reads and produces a sound according to the scale entered in advance.


Ewa Xebra

I saw a photo album called <Luna's 365 Days> by Ewa Xebra. With a total of 2487 photos, there was a considerable amount. There were pictures of her growing up day by day, and I was moved from the time Luna was born because I felt that her parents truly loved Luna. Even though Ewa Xebra is an amateur photographer, I felt that her skills were excellent when I saw her. When I saw Luna's picture taken by Ewa Xebra, I felt a sense of humanity. Not all photos are perfect, but I could feel the sincerity of Ewa Xevra.




If you look at Singer and Xebra's works, they are all technical. The Singer was music composed of MIDI and computer programming. Xebra was pure itself, taking pictures with a camera. If I were to make a Musical Robot, I would like to make it using a trumpet. When I was in high school, I played bass guitar in the Jazz Band. I felt the trumpet sound was lovely while I was active in that band, so I want to make a robot using the trumpet. If I had to photograph something for ten years, I would like to photograph myself. To take a picture myself is because I want to see the changes in my body and the changes in my face as I get older while taking full-body pictures.



댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Week 12 - Artist - Abramovic - Althamer

Week 11 - Artist - Choice

Week 10 - Art Activity - Intermedia